Intrigue – a verb meaning:
- To arouse the curiosity or interest of by unusual, new, or otherwise fascinating or compelling qualities; appeal strongly to; captivate: The plan intrigues me, but I wonder if it will work.
- To achieve or earn by appealing to another’s curiosity, fancy, or interest.
- To draw or capture: Her interest was intrigued by the strange symbol.
Intrigue Publishing was established in May 2012 with the objective of publishing at least six books each year. We strive to publish books by authors who have a unique perspective and compelling authority. These will be works that intrigue the reader, that is, arouse the reader’s curiosity with their unusual, new, fascinating and compelling qualities.
We will achieve success in the publishing industry and earn for ourselves and our authors by producing books that appeal to the reader’s curiosity, fancy and interest. We will nurture authors who can create quality works that will appeal to the reader’s interest. We will mentor authors who produce writing that cannot be ignored.
We believe that talented authors deserve attention not only from publishers, but from readers as well. To sell the book is only the beginning of our mission. We will work to build avid audiences of readers who are enriched by the books we produce and are eager for future publications. Our library of works may span several genres but all will have certain commonalities:
- Each book will entertain its readers.
- Each book will be carefully edited, designed and produced.
- Each book will have a month-long launch in which it is the imprint’s sole focus.
- Each book will have a national publicity campaign.
- Each book will have both a print and a digital strategy.
- Each book will be worthy of the attention of discerning book reviewers.
- Each book will appeal to a mass market with major sales potential.
- Each book will be promoted well into its publishing life.